Become an IAM RoadSmart Advanced Driver
The package includes:
- One year’s membership of IAM RoadSmart
- Your Associate Logbook to help you master the theory
- An assigned BADAM Observer
- All the advanced driver coaching you need to reach the required standard
- Your Advanced Test Fee
The package is £149 Join IAM RoadSmart.
Please Note: When asked for “IAM local group or town/city or postcode area” please enter the following: BADAM 1153
Alternatively, get in touch with our membership secretary and we will process your application ASAP email@example.com
Why not book one of our free taster sessions to find out more? These sessions bring advanced driving to life. They last around 1 hour and may be on a one-to-one format or held during a group event day. Our volunteers will provide an inspirational demonstration of what we are all about – for free! Please get in touch to arrange a taster session: firstname.lastname@example.org
Advanced Driver Benefits
Perhaps the most significant benefit is increased road safety, both for yourself and others. Some statistics bear this out:
- Advanced drivers were involved in almost 20% fewer accidents than other drivers.
- Over three years, only 6% of advanced drivers recorded any licence endorsements, compared with 27% of random male and 8% of random female drivers.
- Advanced drivers are more likely than other drivers to remain accident free over three years and are less likely to be involved in injury accidents.
- Nearly two-thirds of advanced drivers had some professional or work related reason for taking the test.
Already Passed your test? What now?
There are lots of options but it is important that you keep coming to our monthly meeting it keep you involved with the group and thinking about your standard of driving
Research has shown that the newly acquired skills of people who have passed the Advanced Test tend to diminish with time, so that by four years post test, you may well be back to where you started. The best way to avoid this is to stay involved with the group.
- Thinking about training to be an Observer?
- Joining the Committee so that you can help shape the future of our group?
- Coming to our 3-in–a-car session?
- Asking a different Observer to take you on an Assessment drive?
- Writing an article for the newsletter or our Twitter or Face Book pages?
- Attending a ‘Fayre’ – handing out leaflet and talking to members of the public about your experiences with our group and Advanced Motoring
Whatever you do – don’t do nothing!
For more information please email: email@example.com